Wednesday, July 9, 2008

My favourite Top 10 Bollywood films of 2007.

After my last post here, where I had written about the ‘Top 10 Asian Films – Action’ by Samuel L Jackson, a few of my friends told me to try and write my favourite Top 10 Films of Bollywood in 2007. As said earlier, though I am not into making my top 10 lists, here I am just trying to see if I can really do it…

Of late, Indian film industry is changing and every year its bringing new hope and new kind of movies. In terms of fresh ideas, unique concepts, and fascinating projects, I think 2007 was a year of creativity at its best in recent times.

Generally the Top 10 is picked based on box office collections, while that to me is a great barometer to judge the quality of the film, it is not necessarily the best one because some of the best films (content wise) bomb at the Bollywood boxoffice!

My favourite Top 10 Bollywood films of 2007 are here, in no particular order…

1. Black Friday
2. Taare Zameen Par
3. Chak De India
4. Jab We Met
5. Johnny Gaddar
6. Dharm
7. Bheja Fry
8. Manorama 6 Feet Under
9. Om Shanti Om
10. Life in a Metro

There were a few close contenders for the Top 10 list, films that I enjoyed but somewhere they missed a mark to be part of my list. The films include The Namesake, Guru, Blue Umbrella, Parzania, Strangers, 1971, Cheeni Kum, Honeymoon Travels Pvt. Ltd., Gandhi My Father, Welcome & Hey Babby.

I have tried my best here, I Would love to hear your Top 10s and why you picked them.

No comments: